The PeopleFind approach is simple and straightforward: we strive to deliver the best fit and service with the greatest value for our clients. Each and every PeopleFind consultant:
- Conducts business with maximum integrity and honesty. This includes the protection of client and candidate confidentiality and privacy.
- Commits to the highest level of ethics in that we undertake never to solicit candidates from our clients once we have established a business relationship.
- Respects the diversity of candidates and clients with emphasis on capability and attitudinal fit.
- Endeavours to ensure the best two-way fit. Client and candidate must be fully satisfied that the job opportunity is the right match for both parties.
- Presents candidates who are fully committed to the job opportunities they are pursuing.
- Is diplomatic, considerate and cognizant of the need to treat all people with dignity and respect.
- Understands and abides by the Ontario Employment Standards Act and the Canada Labour Code.
At PeopleFind, we strive to find the right candidate the first time. Our “people first” approach keeps both the client and the candidate in the loop as the search evolves.
Step 1: We Conduct a Comprehensive Needs Assessment
The search process begins with an in-depth discussion with the employer that covers the following points:
- Position description
- Duties and responsibilities
- Qualifications and experience required
- Attitudinal / Cultural Needs (from an organizational perspective)
- Remuneration Range / Package
- Broad organizational issues that need to be addressed
The purpose of Step 1 is to ensure a full understanding of position requirements.
Step 2: We Build a Base of Potential Candidates
Given a clear understanding of the client’s requirements, applicants are sourced via several methods including:
- Advertising – broad targeted electronic and print media to ensure a full cross section of applicants
- Networking – a wide range of contacts throughout the private and public sectors enable us to access strong candidates
- Database Search – in addition to PeopleFind’s proprietary database of over 100,000 résumés, We also subscribe to external databases across all disciplines and industries.
- Membership within the National Personnel Association (close to 400 independent recruiters) ensures access to a vast talent pool for all positions.
The purpose of this step is to identify viable candidates.
Step 3: We Qualify the Candidates
We screen candidates using the following methods:
- Review résumés against position specifications and identify candidates for further assessment.
- Phone interviews to further qualify candidates and identify those eligible for face-to-face interviews.
The purpose of this step is to narrow the range of candidates and identify those most suitable for an in-depth interview with PeopleFind consultants.
Step 4: We Conduct In-depth Interviews with Top Candidates
In the interview process, candidates are screened for fit and cultural affinity. We probe to ensure that they have the knowledge and experience essential for the position, and possess the right attitude and social stance to fit the organizational climate.
We further assess candidates on the following dimensions:
- Listening skills
- Communication skills
- Body language
- Interpersonal skills
- Grooming and appearance
- Demeanor and style
Additionally, we focus on the candidate’s career aspirations to ensure that they are in sync with the organization’s long term human capital requirements. The purpose of this step is to produce a short list of outstanding candidates.
Step 5: We Profile Short-Listed Candidates
A profile is a detailed executive summary of the candidate’s background, experience and accomplishments as well as a comprehensive description of the candidate based on the consultant’s impressions and rationale for candidacy.
Step 6: We Present Short-Listed Candidates to the Employer
The employer is presented with the résumés and profiles of the short-listed candidates. The number of candidates presented varies depending on client preference. It is our goal, however, to provide our clients with typically 3-5 top quality candidates. PeopleFind consultants assist with employer interview logistics as required.
Step 7: We Conduct In-Depth Reference Checks
Reference checks are conducted at various points in the selection process to ensure integrity of information, as well as qualification against position specifications and attitudinal requirements.
Step 8: We Notify the Successful Candidate and Present the Offer
If the offer requires negotiation, PeopleFind facilitates a positive conclusion for both parties.
CUSTOMIZED COMPREHENSIVE ASSESSMENTS
At PeopleFind, we know how important “a lasting fit” is to you and your organization. Where appropriate, we conduct comprehensive assessments to match a candidate’s skills, attitude, and traits with your requirements. Our “personalized approach” to assessment ensures that only those tools and resources that can best measure a candidate’s abilities and aptitudes against an employer’s needs are used.